Looking back at an Old Linn Creek baptism

Lake Sun Leader

About the year 1850 Elder James Tennison organized a Christian Church in old Linn Creek, which soon consisted of about eighty members. As membership dwindled, three small congregations merged to form the early church that moved to Caulfield Street in Camdenton when Bagnell Dam was built in 1930. Since 1963, the church has been located on N Highway 5 in Camdenton.