In 1892 Lonidas (Lon) King family moved to old Linn Creek from Barnumton.  The King family home was moved from old to new Linn Creek when the dam waters began to rise in 1930. He served as postmaster, developed the first telephone system here, served as presiding judge, served as state representative, worked for Union Electric securing properties, and had a jewelry store in new Linn Creek. This photo looks back to see Mr. King working in his jewelry store.