The Linn Creek Mercantile Company Clothing Department featured “all leather shoes” among their wares. There is a Keen Kutter Tools & Cutlery advertising sign and an Oliver Plow sign in the window. The window lettering reads “Watson Drygoods & Groceries”  Next door was the Harness & Saddlery building. In 1841 the first store opened near the Osage River in Lower Old Linn Creek.