With so many options on today's market, you might be wondering what you should do today to achieve better looking skin. We've got some solutions for you.
With so many options on today’s market, you might be wondering what you should do today to achieve better looking skin. We’ve got some solutions for you.
Latest Treatments and Tips
Beautiful skin requires a commitment and a good skin care regimen. Brittany Pendleton, licensed esthetician at Lake Medical Spa, weighs in on some of her best tips and services that will help you achieve glowing, youthful skin.
1. Sleeping in the makeup you wore all day can age your skin one week faster than normal, so wash your face even if you are tired.
2. Many women start to notice signs of aging in their 30s but it is never too soon to get a jumpstart on combating fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Be leery of buying professional products online from distributors such as Ebay or Amazon. The price tag may be tempting but you never know if they are old, the conditions the products were stored in or if they are counterfeit.
4. The most important thing you can do is wear a good sunscreen every day.
5. Laser treatments, facials and dermaplaning are a few services that have great results. Microneedling helps to increase collagen and elastin formation which results in a smoother texture and tightening of the skin.
Winterize Your Skin
Winter brings colder temperatures, increased wind and varying temperatures. As the weather changes, our skin care routine needs to change along with it. Jada Bernskoetter, registered nurse with Serenity Medical Spa in Lake Ozark, says there are several things you should be doing to winterize your skin.
• Start by exfoliating. Dermaplaning with a facial or peel is a great way to exfoliate to reveal healthier, brighter skin.
• Use extra moisturizer. Skin tends to naturally produce less oil in the fall and winter months so it’s time to step up the moisturization. HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator from SkinMedica will amp up moisture during the colder months.
• Take advantage of the winter to do skin correcting treatments that require avoiding sun exposure. Microneedling along with an IPL laser treatment to correct hyper-pigmentation and redness is sure to create an amazing result.
• Not only is sun protection a must, antioxidants are equally important. Products like SkinCeuticals Phloretin CR or CE Ferulic are great ways to protect the skin against free radicals in the environment.