A Camdenton man will serve four years plus time served after pleading guilty to charges from trying to set an RV on fire with a woman inside. 

The 47-year-old was sentenced on June 6, 2018 to four years in the Missouri Department of Corrections for first degree arson and four years for third degree assault with sentences to run concurrently. He received credit for time served on a felony resisting arrest charge. 

He has been held in the Camden County jail since being arrested last summer.

Dickey was taken into custody after Camden County deputies responded to an address on Rabbit Road near Camdenton around midnight June 12, 2017.

A woman had locked herself inside an RV to try to avoid Dickey, according to information provided by the sheriff’s office in the days following the incident. While en route, deputies were advised that he was attempting to set fire to the RV with the female still inside.

The woman had called a neighbor in the trailer park when she smelled smoke. 

Anthony Branson came to her aid, stopping Dickey from lighting the fire. Branson was assaulted by Dickey but was able to get back to his own residence and call 911 as Dickey fled into the woods.

When the deputy arrived on scene, he ordered Dickey to come out of the woods. He came out of the woods, but resisted being taken into custody. 

Dickey was placed under arrested and transported to the Camden County jail.

Branson was credited by the sheriff’s office with helping to save the woman, saying “Thanks for the neighbor, Dickey was unsuccessful in throwing the lit paper into the gas tank of the RV.

Branson reached out to the Lake Sun following Dickey’s conviction and sentencing, thankful to Camden County Assistant Prosecutor Douglas B. Kinde for following through on the case and taking a “dangerous individual” off the streets.

Branson recalled the incident saying that when the victim called him and said she smelled smoke, he looked out his window and saw Dickey trying to light the fire.

“I’m just glad he’s off the streets,” Branson said.

On June 6, 2018, Dickey was also sentenced to four years in the Missouri Department of Corrections for felony third degree domestic assault and 90 days in the county jail for second degree misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child from a separate incident that occurred February 18, 2017.