A break in the rain, residents taking advantage of hazardous waste disposal opportunities, a large turnout at Chocolate for Charity, clean shorelines throughout the summer and a good Camdenton Invitational this weekend.
1. We would like to see a break in the rain so that area sporting events can go a week without getting cancelled. It’s also not helpful when visitors start spending their weekends here.
2. We hope to see lots of area full- and part-time residents taking advantage of the hazardous waste material disposal opportunities.
3. A large turnout for a bit of sweet tooth indulgence at this year’s Chocolate for Charity. Community Christian Church will host the second annual event April 30. The event raises money to help members of the community defray rent costs.
4. Residents and visitors remembering to keep the shoreline clean. Using trash cans and not throwing junk in the lake requires little effort.
5. If the weather holds up, we hope to see plenty of crowds at the Camdenton Invitational, a girls’ soccer tournament starting Friday at Camdenton, this weekend.