The Top 10 Women of the Year will be sackering groceries for tips April 23 at Hy-Vee in Osage Beach.
The Top 10 Women of the Year are Living for Giving and will be sacking groceries at Hy-Vee April 23 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The event is being held to raise money for Citizens Against Domestic Violence. Donations will be accepted at the checkout isle.
The women will be wearing purple shirts with "Living for Giving" printed on them. The Top 10 Women of the Year were recognized in Lake Media's Lake Lifestyles magazine earlier this year. They have chosen to support CADV through charitable efforts held throughout the year.
Citizen's Against Domestic Violence/Victom Outreach Center is located in Camdenton. The organization is currently soliciting donations to fund the construction of a new shelter. The facility houses women and children who are displaced by domestic violence.
The Top 10 Women plan to use money raised to pay for furnishing a room at the new shelter.
The shelter is a not-for-profit domestic violence shelter and sexual assault response center that serves the Lake of the Ozarks area. CADV also offer support groups, onsite hospital advocacy, life skills training, transportation and childcare, legal advocacy, after care and crisis counseling.
The Top 10's top 10 reasons for giving
1. To make a difference - Vicki Franklin
2. For unity in the community - Kim Spangler
3. It make you feel good to give back - Trisha Creach
4. Building community - Carolyn Loraine
5. Feel good feeling - Sue Westenhaver
6. To help those in need and encourage others to give - Melissa Carroll
7. God's amazing grace - Chris Cisar
8. Being able to touch someone else's life - Becky Panchot
9. The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up - Jane Kelly
10. Giving is a privilege - BJ Page
Go to www.cadv-voc.org for more information.