Using a backboard, the press release states the personnel were able to remove the victim from the structure through the window along with a number of her animals, then successfully administered oxygen to revive one of her pets.

Three Miller County emergency response agencies were able to save a disabled person and her pets trapped in a house on fire near Eldon Sunday.

According to a press release from the Moreau Fire Protection District issued Monday evening, they were dispatched July 15, 2018 to a residential structure fire on Scrivner Road outside of Eldon. Information provided by Miller County Communications indicated a disabled person was inside the residence and could not get out.

The reporting party was able to tell Miller County Communications where the disabled woman was located in the structure.

As is protocol on a structure fire, Miller County also dispatched Miller County Ambulance and the Miller County Sheriff’s Department units to the scene. 

First arriving units on the scene found that the house was full of smoke with heavy heat inside the residence, the press release states. From outside the residence, personnel from all three agencies working together were able to locate the room that the trapped person was in and removed a window air conditioner to make entrance to the room. Using a backboard, the press release states the personnel were able to remove the victim from the structure through the window along with a number of her animals.

Firefighters administered oxygen to at least one of the animals and were able to revive it, according to the press release.

Upon arrival of fire apparatus, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire using a small amount of water. 

During the investigation, it was the determined the fire started in area of the kitchen stove and was ruled accidental.

The press release notes that the home had working smoke detectors that were functioning properly which helped to notify the resident of the fire.

“Everyone worked together and were able to save the person that was trapped in the house. Moreau Fire notified the Red Cross so that they could help the resident of the house,” the press release stated. Moreau thanked all of agencies involved in responding to the incident.