The fire was still relatively small and was quickly contained. Fire damage was limited to the side wall.

A fire at the Osage Beach Outlet Marketplace Tuesday night was quickly contained, but difficult conditions related to the bitterly cold temperatures did lead to one injury on scene.

According to Osage Beach Assistant Fire Chief Steve Stafford, a spark from some cutting and grinding during construction work in the office area landed near some combustibles, causing the fire. Crews arrived on scene around 10:20 p.m. January 2 to find smoke and some fire in one of the walls. 

The fire was still relatively small and was quickly contained. Fire damage was limited to the side wall.

One firefighter was injured, however, slipping on ice and hitting his head. He was taken to Lake Regional Hospital then flown to University Hospital in Columbia for treatment, according to Stafford, but the firefighter has checked out ok and is expected to be released later today.

Other local fire districts provided mutual aid assistance.