A worker was repairing an electrical circuit in the laundry area when a short resulted at the junction box where he was working. The power surge jumped to another electrical run which energized a nearby gas line, causing pin holes in the gas line and causing a fire.

There was minimal damage resulting from a fire at the Inn at Grand Glaize about 2:07 p.m. Tuesday in Osage Beach.

A worker was repairing an electrical circuit in the laundry area when a short resulted at the junction box where he was working. The power surge jumped to another electrical run which energized a nearby gas line, causing pin holes in the gas line and causing a fire.

The fire was held in place and extinguished by a fire sprinkler system.

There were no injuries to either fire personnel or employees.

Responding were fire personnel from Osage Beach, Lake Ozark, Sunrise Beach and Mid County.

Firefighters cleared the scene by 3:30 p.m.