Here's the 7 Best Bets at the Lake of the Ozarks for this weekend!
The Dam Jam, Thursday-Saturday
• Three nights of live music will be a part of the Dam Jam held below Bagnell Dam. There will be a vendor village set up in the campground featuring food and cool merchandise. Acts will include Baub Eis Band, Stillshine Bluegrass Band, Grateful Dead tribute band The Schwag, Pink Floyd tribute band Animals as well as tribute bands of the Doors and Bob Marley and more. Tickets are $60 per person for Friday and Saturday, or $30 per person for Saturday. Children 10 and under are free. For more information, go to www.damjam.net.
Clint Black, Friday
• Country classic Clint Black will be in concert at Shawnee Bluff Vineyard. Music on the patio will start at 5 p.m., the show opener takes the stage at 7 p.m. and Clint will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $44. Kids ages 5 and under are free. Parking is $5 with half of the fee going to the L.A.M.B. House. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to www.shawneebluffwinery.com/event/clint_black
Osage River Powwow, Friday-Sunday
• The Osage River Pow Wow will be held featuring Native American dance, singing, drumming, crafts, vendors and food. Hours are Friday 5-10 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $4 for adults, $2 for ages 4-12 and free for under the age of 3. For more information, go to www.osageriverpowwow.com.
Canine Cannonball, Friday-Sunday
• A perennial people’s favorite, the annual Canine Cannonball competition will be held at Dog Days in Osage Beach. Canine athletes compete in Big Air, Extreme Vertical and Speed Retrieve at this family-friendly event. You can enter your dog to compete or watch from the sidelines for free. For more information, call 573-348-9797 or go to www.dockdogs.com.
Casey Donahew, Folds of Honor benefit concert, Saturday
• The Horny Toad Entertainment Complex will be hosting a live concert to benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation, featuring nationally-recognized performer Casey Donahew. This new event’s main goal is to raise funds for the Folds of Honor Foundation which provides scholarships to spouses and children of disabled or fallen veterans. Casey and his band burn up stages of all sizes, serving up their own sizzling brand of alt country. Donahew has topped the Texas charts time and again with each single, racking up 12 No. 1 singles throughout the course of his impressive, self-made career. The concert will start at 8:30 p.m. General admission tickets are $22. Camden on the Lake will donate $2 from every ticket sold and 50 cents from every special Budweiser Camo sold all weekend to support scholarships for the families of disabled or fallen service members. For tickets or more information, go to www.camdenonthelake.com or www.ticketweb.com.
Welcome to Summer, Saturday
• A free community event, Welcome to Summer, will be hosted by the city of Osage Beach at the Osage Beach City Park. Concessions open at 5 p.m., tethered ballon rides will be from 5-8 p.m. weather permitting. Kids’ activities will be available throughout the evening. Bring lawn chairs and/or blankets. A free concert featuring The Cherry Pistols and a fireworks show will be held. The band will play from 7:30-8 p.m. with fireworks at 9:15 p.m. For more information, go to www.osagebeach.org.
Horsepower for Horses benefit, Saturday
• The second annual Horsepower for Horses Benefit Cruise-In for Missouri Forget Me Not Horse Rescue & Sanctuary will be from 12-4 p.m. Hosted by Lake of the Ozarks Harley Davidson in Osage Beach, there will be pony/horse rides, food and drinks for purchase, with a bake sale and silent auction planned. Experience the grace and style of hot rods, antique cars and Corvettes and several models of Harleys with the Lake of the Ozarks Car Club, Fun Runners Antique Car Club and Corvette Club. Play horseshoes, washers, bag toss and poker hands to win tickets for chances for prizes. For more information, call 815-735-4866.