During October, Baxter's Lakeside Grille will raise money for the fight against breast cancer and promote breast cancer awareness with “Set the Sun on Breast Cancer.” Month-long specials and special events are listed below.
During October, Baxter’s Lakeside Grille will raise money for the fight against breast cancer and promote breast cancer awareness with “Set the Sun on Breast Cancer.” Month-long specials and special events are planned.
Baxter’s will raise money for cancer research at Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, part of MU Health Care, in Columbia, and Lake Regional Hospital with the following special offers:
• Baxter’s will offer Pink Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake, a spin-off of one of the restaurant’s most popular desserts — rich chocolate butter cake with pink cream cheese frosting and a drizzle of strawberry sauce, served with vanilla ice cream. Baxter’s will donate $1 from the sale of every cake.
• The featured drink of the month will be a Go Pink Margarita, with a donation of $1 from each sale.
• Every Sunday evening in October from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Baxter’s will donate 10 percent of all sales of that evening’s Chef’s Steak Cut feature. Throughout the month, steaks will be served with pink steak knives for reminders of the fight against breast cancer.
• All servers with be carrying pink pens as another reminder.
• For every Baxter’s sunset image posted on social media with the hashtag #BaxtersSettingSunCancer in October, Baxter’s will donate $5.
On Wednesday, Oct. 11, Baxter’s will host “Cigars, Bourbon and Breast Cancer No More: Real Men Wear Pink,” from 6 to 9 p.m. on the restaurant’s lake-view patio (weather permitting).
The evening will feature a special four-course meal with Jack Daniel’s drinks and capped off with a cigar course, for $80 per person (does not include tax and gratuity). Capacity for the party is limited, and proceeds for the private party will be divided between Ellis Fischel and Lake Regional.
On Monday, Oct. 30, Baxter’s will also host “Pink Out,” a second, special fundraising evening. For a $50 per person donation to Ellis Fischel and Lake Regional, each guest will enjoy gourmet appetizers and specialty samplings, plus house wine, domestic beer and well drinks.
A silent auction of wine and other fine items will also be held, and Baxter’s will also hold a book signing for former University of Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel’s new book The 100-Yard Journey: A Life in Coaching and Battling for the Win. Guests are encouraged to wear pink to the event. Baxter’s is normally closed on Mondays but will be open for the private party fundraiser on Oct. 30.
Supporters who wish to attend the Oct. 11 and/or Oct. 30 event(s) may make reservations by calling Baxter’s at 573-365-2669. Baxter’s is located at 2124 Bagnell Dam Blvd., Lake Ozark, MO 65049. Visit baxterslakesidegrille.com.