|
|
The Lake News Online
  • Two structure fires; one accident and one suspicious

  • In one week, the Mid County Fire Protection District responded to 16 medical calls, seven mutual aid calls, two investigations, one vehicle accident, one PWC accident and two working structure fires.
    • email print
      Comment
  • In one week, the Mid County Fire Protection District responded to 16 medical calls, seven mutual aid calls, two investigations, one vehicle accident, one PWC accident and two working structure fires. 
     
    Around 1:52 a.m. on July 17, personnel was dispatched to a fully involved structure fire on Old 54 Road near the entrance to Old Kinderhook. When firefighters arrived, they found a three story structure fully involved with the roof already collapsed. 
     
    Mid County sent two engines and three tankers to the scene and was assisted by an engine from the Camdenton Fire Department. Officials say that the house had been abandoned for years and had no power connected to it. The fire was under control within approximately one hour. 
     
    Officials say the fire is suspicious in nature and is currently being investigated by the State Fire Marshal's office. The fire caused no injuries and the structure was a total loss. 
     
    Just a few days later at 3:32 a.m. on July 20, Mid County responded to another structure fire this time in the 1700 block of Resorts Road (Lake Road 5-81). First on the scene found a single story residence about 30 percent involved in the fire. A quick attack on the fire allowed personnel to bring it under control within 20 minutes. 
     
    Two adults were sleeping in the residences at the time of the fire and were able to escape without injury. The residence suffered damage to about half of the total structure along with smoke and water damage throughout. 
     
    Mid County responded with an engine, two tankers and a ladder truck. They were assisted by and engine from Sunrise Beach Fire District and an ambulance from the Camden Ambulance District. 
     
    The cause of the fire was been ruled accidental. Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical short in the living room area. The residence was a vacation home and the occupants did not require housing assistance. No injuries were caused at the scene.  

        calendar