Make sure to stop by one of the Ozark Bar-B-Que locations while at the Lake.
Q&A with Ozark Bar-B-Que
1. How long have you been in business at the original location? Ozark Bar-B-Que first opened as one of the original boat-up restaurants on The Lake of The Ozarks in 1957. We, Brent and Pamela Lanier, purchased it in early 2003. Since then, we have retained the recipes for the pies, bbq sauce and onion rings. Everything else — ribs, brisket, pulled pork, burnt ends, hand-pattied burgers are all Brent's creations.
2. What prompted you to open a second location? We wanted our customers to be able enjoy the food and friendly service we've been known for in a new rustic, old-time atmosphere YEAR ROUND. The lake location closes by the end of October. Used to be, our customers had to wait until April to enjoy our bbq. Now, they can enjoy it year round. We are also very pleased to be a part of the growing future of The Strip. We're excited about the events held there and hope to continue to attract families to the area to enjoy good food.
3. What are the most requested menu items? Ribs, brisket and burnt ends. On the water, add to that list onion rings and pies.
4. Who is your chef and how long has he/she been with you? Brent is our pitmaster and he's the author of every good thing coming out of both kitchens.
5. Do you serve a signature cocktail? We inherited the lakewater from the previous owners. Since then, our Lake Lemonade has taken off and been a huge hit.
6. Anything special for the kids? We have a children's menu that includes typical kid-friendly fair as well as a smaller portion of our ribs. For activities, we have HUNDREDS of carp to feed and a small arcade.
7. When are you open? If you close for the season, when? We open both locations every day at 11AM. On the lake, we're open until 9pm Sunday - Thursday and until 10pm Friday and Saturday. On The Strip, we're open until 10pm Sunday - Thursday and 11pm Friday and Saturday (unless there's a special event, in which case, we're open as long as the law allows.)
8. What do you want customers to know about your restaurants? We are committed to providing superior food and service to our customers in a clean, family-friendly environment. We have excellent employees and deliver on our commitment to our customers almost 100% of the time. On the rare occasions when we fall short, we own up to it and make it right.
9. What is the most enjoyable aspect of your business? Smiles