Days later, one Greenview family still has questions about how their business went up in flames early Monday morning.

Days later, one Greenview family still has questions about how their business went up in flames early Monday morning.

Heather and Jason Jackson were sound asleep when they received a call from their alarm company around 4:11 a.m. The company confirmed that their business, Fired Up Barbeque in Lake Ozark, was on fire.

"We jumped out of bed as fast as we could," Heather Jackson recalled. She said that she and her husband made it to Lake Ozark from Greenview within 20 minutes and were still unsure what their family business would look like once they arrived.

"Obviously, we were devastated," she said. "We sat there and just watched it, there was nothing we could do."

As of Tuesday morning, the Jacksons had yet to be notified with an official cause of the fire, but Lake News received a press release from the Lake Ozark Fire Department which attributes defective equipment as the origin of the fire.

At approximately 4:08 a.m. on Monday morning, lake area fire units responded to a structure fire at Fired Up Barbeque on Bagnell Dam Blvd. When they arrived, firefighters found the commercial structure to be 50 percent involved. Officials say the fire started on the exterior of the building and was extending into the attic space.

Firefighters then switched from an offensive to defensive operations and began to use aerial and ground monitors to go with the hand lines that were already in operation. The bulk of the fire was contained while firefighters continued offensive operations in the interior of the structure.

At 5:57 a.m., the fire was completely under control. Units cleared the scene at 11:30 a.m.

Where the Jacksons go from here is still unknown. Heather said that they have been in contact with their insurance company but are waiting for a plan of action. The couple would love to rebuild but have not made any official decisions.

"We are classic mom and pop restaurant owners. We do not have huge finanicial backing," she said. "It was just devastating sitting there watching everything we have done go up in flames."

The couple opened up the restaurant in Camdenton about five years ago.

The Lake Ozark restaurant was opened in July 2012 while the Camdenton site was closed in February 2013.

The Lake Ozark Fire District was assisted by Osage Beach Fire District, Rocky Mount Fire District, Sunrise Beach Fire District, Eldon Fire Department, Mid County Fire District, Rocky Mount Fire District, Moreau Fire District, Miller County Ambulance District and the Lake Ozark Police Department.

The Missouri State Fire Marshal was contacted for this case.