The trial of a Morgan County mother charged with murder and child abuse in connection with the death of her 3-year-old son in February 2012 has been rescheduled.

The trial of a Morgan County mother charged with murder and child abuse in connection with the death of her 3-year-old son in February 2012 has been rescheduled.

Jamie Litton, 28, was scheduled to go to trial next week in Laclede County on a change of venue. The trial has been rescheduled for December. The trial was moved from Morgan to Laclede county.

Jamie Litton and her boyfriend, T.J. Presley, were charged following the death of Blake Litton. The child's death was initially reported as a hit and run accident. The preliminary investigation lead to the couple being charged.

Jamie Litton is currently being held in the Cole County Jail in Jefferson City.

Following the incident in which Blake Litton died, Presley and Jamie Litton were initially charged with second degree murder and child endangerment. The first degree murder charges were filed on Nov. 15, 2012.

Presley reported the Feb. 16 incident in which Blake Litton died to police at 5:12 a.m. as a hit-and-run accident, allegedly telling a Morgan County deputy that he stopped on the side of the road to allow Blake to use the bathroom during a trip to Presley's brother's residence in Sedalia.

Presley told police Blake ran into the road and was struck by an oncoming vehicle.

Investigators were unable to find loose vehicle parts, tire tracks, blood or urine along the side of the road to substantiate an accident had happened.

Following the autopsy, the case was ruled a homicide. An autopsy revealed the child died from numerous injuries including a lacerated liver and a ruptured blood vessel in his brain. Bruises and lacerations were visible on the child's body.

Much of the evidence presented during earlier hearings focused on Litton's behavior at work during the night prior to the child's death and text messages sent between Presley and Litton between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Feb. 16.

According to testimony during a hearing by Morgan County deputy James Walker, Litton allegedly asked a co-worker "to borrow money to take her son to the hospital" after receiving text messages from Presley saying that said he "had lost it" when Blake soiled himself.

Other texts allegedly contained details about how Presley abused Blake. Presley took Blake and his younger sister, Faith, to Golden Age Nursing Home in Stover to visit Litton while she was at work.

Presley arrived at Litton's workplace around 5 a.m. and stayed for three minutes. Security footage shows Litton visiting with Presley. Litton allegedly took Blake's pulse before returning to work. Presley then drove to the site of the feigned hit-and-run with Blake and Faith.

Prosecution alleges Litton, knowing her son had been hurt, did not call for an ambulance or police once Presley left.

Litton, whose shift was scheduled to end at 6 a.m., clocked out at 5:15 a.m. She then allegedly walked to a co-workers house to use a phone charger and was later driven to the scene of the alleged accident.

Faith Litton was turned over to family members after her mother's arrest. She also showed signs of abuse. She had suffered an untreated broken wrist along with visible bruising. If convicted Jamie Litton faces a life in prison sentence.

Presley remains in custody. A trail date has not been set. His trial has been moved to Cass County.