|
|
The Lake News Online
  • Portable heater to blame for non-injury home fire

  • Officials believe a kerosene heater is to blame to a residential structure fire Monday night.
    • email print
  • Officials believe a kerosene heater is to blame to a residential structure fire Monday night.
    Osage Beach Fire Protection District crews responded to the home on Lakehurst Circle shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9. Upon arrival, crews found heavy fire in the garage and coming from the roof.
    Units deployed two hand-lines and began an aggressive attacked on the fire in addition to protecting the structure next door and were able to contain it to the areas involved.
    The home's occupants were taken in by neighbors. No one was injured in the blaze.
    The Osage Beach Fire Protection District reminds that use of portable heaters be used within manufacturers specifications including a minimum of a 3’ clear space around the heater of combustible/flammable items. Osage Beach was assist by the Lake Ozark Fire Protection District, the Osage Beach Police Department and Osage Beach Ambulance on the call.
      • calendar