The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for the two-week period of October 21 – November 1, 2013. Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule. Other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area. Many projects will include lane closures, and delays can be expected.
* Route 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks at Hurricane Deck - The new bridge is open to traffic. The contractor will perform general cleanup under the bridge and prepare to start demolishing the old Hurricane Deck Bridge over the next several months. The work will have little impact on traffic.
* Route 54 at Passover Road - Roadway maintenance on the westbound off ramp will take place on Monday, October 21. Crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route J over the Little Niangua River – Bridge maintenance will take place Tuesday, October 22 and Wednesday, October 23. The bridge will be closed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. both days. Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route around the work area.
* Route 17 between Route 42 and Business Loop 44 in Pulaski County - Roadway resurfacing and widening of shoulders continues. One lane is open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area. The project is scheduled for completion in the fall.
* Route 42 between Route 17 and Route 54 - Roadway maintenance will take place Wednesday, October 30 and Thursday, October 31. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route D between Columbia Avenue and the end of state maintenance - Roadway maintenance will take place on Tuesday, October 22. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 5 between Route 52 and the Niangua Bridge in Camden County - Roadway resurfacing, widening of shoulders, and installation of rumble strips continues. The contractor will begin placing asphalt on the shoulders between Route 135 and Route TT during the week of October 21. The project is scheduled for completion in the fall.
* Route 135 between Cuptree Road and Little Proctor Road – Culvert pipe replacement will take place Monday, October 21 through Thursday, October 24. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.