Nothing better than a good humor story first thing on a Monday morning. I say this in relation to a recent article provided by Lake Liberal, Eric Reeve.
*Editor’s Note: This opinion is in response to a Lake View titled “Audacity in Washington” by Eric Reeve, The Lake Liberal, published in the Monday, Oct. 7 Lake Sun.
Nothing better than a good humor story first thing on a Monday morning. I say this in relation to a recent article provided by Lake Liberal, Eric Reeve. The sad thing is, it isn’t funny. There’s a perception by some that this government shutdown is the result of the Republican party. And if you watch NBC that’s what you’ll hear. If you watch other news, you might hear differently.
Let’s first summarize the current administrations list of accomplishments:
1. Guilty of providing Assault weapons to Drug Cartels. Weapons that were used to kill American Border Guards. No one held accountable for this, and the Attorney General, Eric Holder, invoked Executive privilege and claimed to know nothing. One thing he does know, and that’s hot to file a lawsuit against every state that tries to invoke a voter ID law.
2. Let’s talk about National Security. Well, maybe we shouldn’t, as they are surely scanning our emails and listening in on our phone calls. And let’s see, the whistle blower, Edward Snowden, who has disappeared, after telling America how blatantly the NSA was intruding into your life. The NSA’s spy scandal was so bad the Brazilian President cancelled his White House visit. How’s that for Foreign Policy?
3. During the last election, the IRS was enlisted to interfere with a number of Tea Party organizations. This caused numerous delays in getting these organizations off the ground. While it was found that this was a direct result of a Pro-Democratic IRS Official, no accountability was held. In fact, she recently retired, with a six-figure retirement, and you and I are paying for this. Even though she blatantly violated the Constitution and targeted pro-conservative groups, no accountability. Now the IRS is targeting individuals. Dr. Ben Carson, a renowned surgeon, criticized Obama over his lack of leadership and the disastrous Obamacare health plan. He’s now enjoyed two full IRS Audits. These audits found no issues and were a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. The IRS is not your friend, and still operates in the mode of ‘they are above the law’.
4. The Democratic party can also claim responsibility for the disaster at Benghazi. And today they’re saying, “get on past this, it was just a minor issue”. Well, I disagree. The head of state, Hillary Clinton (the Democrats next presidential candidate) sat by with her thumb up her butt and let Americans die on American soil. At an Embassy. Nearby troops could have possibly saved lives, had they been allowed to act. If nothing else they could have secured the site and preserved evidence. We still have no answers, no retribution and no one held accountable.
5. And our lake liberal is quick to point out how, in his opinion, more laws surrounding guns will bring to an end these occurrences of violence with guns involved. I’d just like to point out the following:
a. Chicago and Washington D.C., two major cities in the U.S., with some of the highest crime rates in the nation, have the most comprehensive gun laws.
b. Obama requested the CDC perform a study of gun related violence recently. What that study revealed does not fit in with the media-Democrat message.
"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals," says the report, which was completed in June and ignored in the mainstream press. Why you ask? Because it did not supply the Obama administration with more ways to twist facts and skew results. Find this article by searching for “CDC Gun Violence.”
c. You’ll also find a four year study that demonstrates further how anti-gun laws are ineffective in this country as the criminals do not adhere to the laws surrounding the acquisition of guns. This story will also point out other interesting statistics regarding what is truly killing Americans. You’ll be surprised.
The point of this is to make you aware of something the press won’t. There are 2 sides to this story. And you should take the time to research a little to understand the facts, not the media spin.
We elect people to be ‘Leaders’, not school yard bullies. These people are expected to sit down and roll up their sleeves and work “TOGETHER” to guide this nation forward. In the last 6-10 years we’ve witnessed a division of parties that is becoming increasingly problematic. Our leaders are no longer leading. They are merely solving whatever crisis is highest on the priority list today, and with the thought of “How can I paint this as someone else’s fault.”
I have no respect for any of our leaders today and I will reflect that in the next election when I vote for NO incumbent. They have all failed to do their jobs. Obamacare should never have been jammed down America’s throat. Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with people who deserve health care from receiving it. There has to be a way to do this such that it does not negatively affect people who have worked one or two jobs all their lives to be successful in this country. Obamacare will destroy healthcare as you know it today. If you don’t believe it, ask a Doctor.
How effective is this “Shutdown”? They’ve closed monuments (at a cost) and prevented World War II veterans from gaining entrance; State Parks, Lake Mead, and over 1,100 square miles ocean. Chicago thuggery at its best.
We need to fire the entire Federal Government. And replace them with leaders. People who actually sit down and solve problems and provide a direction for this country. This story began with a laugh, and it ends with a groan after having read yet another story where the Democrats are using the media to spin this as “Only a GOP failure.” If you believe it, well, enjoy your Kool-Aid as it will turn to sour milk.