The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for the two-week period of August 26 – September 6, 2013. Scheduled maintenance activities will not take place during the Labor Day holiday.
* Route 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks at Hurricane Deck - Bridge replacement continues. Much of the work currently taking place will not affect traffic. However, traffic could be stopped briefly to allow equipment to be moved. A ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday, September 7 on the bridge.
* Route 54 between Cave Drive and Walnut Grove Road – Roadside maintenance in the eastbound and westbound lanes will take place Monday, August 26 and Tuesday, August 27. One eastbound lane and one westbound lane will be open through the work area.
* Route K between Eagles Nest Road and the end of state maintenance – Replacement of low-water crossing will take place Monday, August 26 through Thursday, August 29. The road is closed, until the work is complete.
Miller and Cole Counties
* Route AA between Route 54 and Route C - Roadway maintenance will take place Tuesday, September 3 through Thursday, September 5. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 50 at the Lamine River Bridge west of Syracuse and
Route 50 at the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge west of Syracuse – Bridge deck replacement continues. Traffic over the Lamine River Bridge is controlled by temporary traffic signals and a temporary concrete barrier has been placed along the bridge between the work location and the active lane. The railroad bridge is closed to complete the overlay work in the eastbound lanes. Periodic lane closures can be expected through the work area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in the fall.