4 (5 to 6 oz.) bone-in pork shoulder or loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
2 Tbsp. coarse Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 large shallot, finely minced
1 tsp. finely minced fresh thyme
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1. Trim the pork chops of excess fat.
2. In a large bowl or gallon-size plastic zippered bag, add the marinade ingredients. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Let the pork chops marinate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Remove the pork chops from the marinade, and add the excess marinade to a small saucepan. Set the marinade aside.
4. Coat a grill rack from an outdoor gas grill with cooking spray and set it 6 inches from the heat source. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
5. Add the pork chops to the grill, and sear on each side for about 3 minutes. Then cover the grill and cook for about 15 minutes until the chops register 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the chops from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes (to retain the juices) before serving.
6. Heat the excess marinade on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Serve the heated marinade over the pork chops.
Nutrition Information: 230 calories, 13 g fat, 7 g carbohydrate, 285 mg sodium, 21 g protein