|
|
The Lake News Online
  • July 4 fire at Bear Bottom Resort contained to laundry room

  • A fire at Bear Bottom Resort in Sunrise Beach July 4 was quickly contained to the room where it started.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A fire at Bear Bottom Resort in Sunrise Beach July 4 was quickly contained to the room where it started.
    The fire started Thursday morning in a dryer in the resort's laundry room and then extended into the room. An employee used a fire extinguisher on it, and 911 was called.
    Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District was dispatched at 7:24 a.m. with the first apparatus arriving on scene at 7:32.
    The first arriving units found smoke showing for the building and went into service with a 1 ¾ handline, according to Sunrise Beach Fire Chief Dennis Reilly, and the fire was contained to the room of origin.
    The fire was under control at 7:36 and the last unit left the scene at 8:25 a.m.
    An engine from Gravois and an engine from Mid County fire departments provided mutual aid for the first alarm structure fire. They were held in staging. The SBFPD had four pieces of apparatus, two chief vehicles and 14 members on the scene.

        calendar