The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for the two-week period of May 20– May 31, 2013. Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule. Other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area. Many projects will include lane closures, and delays can be expected.
* Route 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks at Hurricane Deck - Bridge replacement continues. Much of the work currently taking place will not affect traffic. However, traffic could be stopped briefly to allow equipment to be moved. The entire project is scheduled for completion in spring 2014.
* Route 54 bridge over the Osage River east of Wood River Road - Bridge rehabilitation in the westbound lanes continues. One lane will be open through the work area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in late May.
* Route 42 between Route 17 and Route 134 - Shoulder widening work continues. Crews are currently working to build dirt embankments along the roadway, causing one lane to be closed. A pilot car will guide traffic through the work area. Asphalt paving of the roadway and shoulders is under way. A width restriction of 10 feet is in place between Route C and the city of Osage Beach.The project is scheduled for completion in late June.
* Route 17 between Charcoal Kiln Road and Airport Road - Roadside maintenance will take place Tuesday, May 28 through Thursday, May 30. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route H between Sele Road and Jim Henry Road – Culvert pipe repair will take place Monday, May 20 and Tuesday, May 21. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route K between Bethany Road and Condor Road - Roadside maintenance will take place Wednesday, May 22 and Thursday, May 23. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 50 at the Lamine River Bridge west of Syracuse and Route 50 at the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge west of Syracuse – Bridge deck replacement will begin the week of May 27. One lane of each bridge will be open, and temporary traffic signals will move traffic through the work area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in fall 2013.