The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for the two-week period of May 13 – May 24, 2013. Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule. Other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area. Many projects will include lane closures, and delays can be expected.
Route 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks at Hurricane Deck - Bridge replacement continues. Much of the work currently taking place will not affect traffic. However, traffic could be stopped briefly to allow equipment to be moved. The entire project is scheduled for completion in spring 2014.
* Route 54 bridge over the Osage River east of Wood River Road - Bridge rehabilitation in the westbound lanes continues. One lane will be open through the work area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in late May.
* Route 42 between Route 17 and Route 134 - Shoulder widening work continues. Crews are currently working to build dirt embankments along the roadway, causing one lane to be closed. A pilot car will guide traffic through the work area. Asphalt paving of the roadway and shoulders is scheduled to begin the week of May 13. A width restriction of 10 feet will be in place between Route C and the city of Osage Beach beginning the week of May 13. The project is scheduled for completion in late June.
* Route 52 between Route E and Brushy Creek Road - Roadside maintenance will take place on Monday, May 13. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route C between Route JJ and Keyes School Road - Roadside maintenance will take place on Monday, May 13. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 52 between the north Route 5 junction and the south Route 5 junction - Roadside maintenance will take place Monday, May 13 through Thursday, May 23. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.