On May 3, Lake Regional Health System honored six outstanding nurses as part of the annual Nurses’ Day Celebration. The award committee received nearly 50 nominations this year from employees wishing to honor their co-workers.
“Lake Regional’s nurses are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others,” said Patti Muxlow, R.N., BSN, MHA, director of nursing. “I commend this year’s Nursing Excellence Award winners for their accomplishments.”
The following Lake Regional nurses were recognized for excellence in their profession.
· Amanda Kidwell, LPN, Lake Regional Clinic – Laurie, received the Community Nurse award. This award recognizes a nurse for making professional contributions that have improved patient care in their work setting.
· April Miller, R.N., Family Birth Center, received the Rookie of the Year award. This award recognizes first-year nurses who have shown great compassion, excellence in skills and a desire to learn the role of registered nurse.
· Lisa Boggs, R.N., BSN, 2 East, received the Advancing the Profession award. This award recognizes nurses who have led, advanced or strengthened the nursing profession.
· Kena McAfee, R.N., 2 East, received the Nurse Mentoring award. This award recognizes nurses who demonstrate excellence in verbal, nonverbal and professional behavior, which translates into positive patient and staff outcomes.
· Vivian McAdams, R.N., Family Birth Center, received the Clinical Care/Expertise award. This award recognizes nurses who demonstrate excellence/expertise in direct nursing care in the clinical setting.
· Jaimie Wheat, R.N., Emergency Department, received the Volunteerism and Service award. This award recognizes nurses who have given of themselves in outstanding humanitarian efforts to improve the lives, well-being and health of our community.
Lake Regional Health System currently employs more than 400 nurses. In addition to Lake Regional Hospital in Osage Beach, the health system operates primary care, urgent care, specialty and rehab therapy clinics, retail pharmacies and home health services throughout the lake area. Learn more online at lakeregional.com.