The following is a listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the mid-Missouri area for the two-week period of May 6 – May 17, 2013. Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule. Other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area. Many projects will include lane closures, and delays can be expected. MoDOT reminds the public to buckle up, slow down, follow posted signing and drive safely through work areas.
* Route 5 bridge over the Lake of the Ozarks at Hurricane Deck - Bridge replacement continues. Much of the work currently taking place will not affect traffic. However, traffic could be stopped briefly to allow equipment to be moved. The entire project is scheduled for completion in spring 2014.
* Business Route 54 between Bagnell Dam Blvd. and Route 42 – Roadway resurfacing is complete.
* Route 54 bridge over the Osage River east of Wood River Road - Bridge rehabilitation in the westbound lanes continues. One lane will be open through the work area. The entire project is scheduled for completion in May.
* Route 42 between Route 17 and Route 134 - Shoulder widening work continues. Crews are currently working to build dirt embankments along the roadway, causing one lane to be closed. A pilot car will guide traffic through the work area. Asphalt paving of the roadway and shoulders is scheduled to begin the week of May 13. A width restriction of 10 feet will be in place between Route C and the city of Osage Beach beginning the week of May 13. The project is scheduled for completion in late June.
* Route 52 at Pace Road - Culvert pipe replacement will take place Tuesday, May 7 through Thursday, May 9. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 52 between Route E and Klin Road - Roadside maintenance will take place on Monday, May 6. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
* Route 54 between Route M and Route V - Roadside maintenance in the eastbound and westbound lanes will take place Monday, May 6 through Thursday, May 16. One eastbound and one westbound lane will be open through the work area.
* Route C between Route JJ and Keyes School Road - Roadside maintenance will take place on Monday, May 6. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.