With spring in full swing, there are several activities coming up this weekend on the Westside.
- From 8 a.m.-2 p.m., hunt for those second-hand treasures at the 27 Acre Yard Sale Saturday, May 4 at the Laurie Fairgrounds located on Fairgrounds Rd. off Highway 5. The Hillbilly Hero's Relay for Life team will one of many booths at the event. Vendors are typically spread out all over the 27 acres of the fairgrounds.
- The Climax Springs Civic Center is hosting its annual all you can eat pancake breakfast in conjunction with the Climax Springs Loyalty Day Parade on Saturday as well. Get breakfast from 7-11 a.m. Cost is $5 per person and $3 for children under age 13. New this year will be a flea market for the graduating senior class of the Climax Springs High School. This is a fundraiser to help students earn money for their continuing education. The civic center will also have a quilt display with an expert on hand to answer questions.
- Osage Community Elks are having their annual Youth Day Saturday, May 4 at the lodge on Elks Lane in Laurie. The event is free to families and will begin at 10 a.m. with games and youth activities. Hot dogs will be served at 11:30 and two bikes will be given away to a boy and girl at the event at noon.
- The Gravois Lions Club is holding a Spring BBQ from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. The all you can eat meal is a $4 donation and includes hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwursts, pork and beans and chips with tea, coffee or water. There will also be a bake sale during the event. The clubhouse is located on Hwy. 5 in Gravois Mills.
- Morgan County Health Center and Citizens for Health and Wellness are sponsoring a 5K run and 2M walk on Saturday, May 4. The 5K run will begin at 9 a.m. The 2-mile walk will begin at 9:15. Entry fee is $25 for all events. All proceeds support Citizens for Health and Wellness WHIP program to provide vouchers for primary care and the Morgan County Health Center and to provide scholarships for swimming lessons for children. Packet pick-up will be from 8-8:50 a.m. on race day at the Versailles High School Commons. For more information, call Megan Rowland at 573-378-5438 or Donna Chapman at 573-569-2160.
- Bring your family to S.T.A.F.F. Animal Rescue this Saturday for their annual BBQ, Bake Sale & Silent Auction fundraiser. Visit their furry four-legged friends while you're there. All proceeds benefit the animals. The shelter is located at 17282 N. Hwy. 5 in Sunrise Beach.