Dierbergs will open its long-awaited Lakeview Pointe store with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, April 24, at 8:30 a.m. The store then opens at 9 a.m. with regular store hours Sunday through Wednesday, 6 a.m. until midnight, and Thursday through Saturday, 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Dierbergs executives, local dignitaries and elected officials will be on hand to open the 75,000 square-foot supermarket, 4655 Osage Beach Parkway, across from the outlet mall. HBD Construction is the general contractor for the development.
In St. Louis, and within the supermarket industry, Dierbergs is recognized for its customer service emphasis. The new store has the distinction of being Dierbergs' first store outside the metropolitan St. Louis-area market. Until now, the company's farthest store west was in Wentzville.
"My family loves the lake, so we're thrilled to be opening this new store. It's good for Dierbergs, and we think it's going to be great for the Lake community," said Greg Dierberg, president, CEO and fourth-generation of the family-owned business.
In addition to its service practices, Dierbergs is highly regarded for top-quality perishable departments. That freshness factor is evident the moment one steps inside the doors into the Farmer's Market Hall with its 30-foot high ceilings. The company's produce mix includes an extensive line of organic products and, during the summer season, a huge selection of locally sourced produce.
"This is going to be a fun experience and we want that experience to be memorable—we want to give our new Lake customers the best that Dierbergs has to offer," Dierberg said. "Plus this store has one feature that's going to be the envy of customers at all our other locations: a stunning view of the Lake of the Ozarks."
Some of the features Dierberg is most proud of might go unnoticed by the casual shopper. "With each new store, we try to improve on our efficiencies and sustainability efforts," Dierberg said. Many of these improvements are in energy-management programs like enclosed beer and dairy cases, and energy efficient, motion-controlled LED lighting, all of which can be found in our Lakeview Pointe location."
Other features Dierbergs offers:
· Extraordinary variety with more than 70,000 inventory SKUs.
- Indoor/outdoor seating on the Lakeview Terrace, a dining area overlooking The Lake and featuring JJ Twig's Pizza and Bar.
- Live Music: Terrace-level live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Bob's Beer Barn—an actual chilled barn within the store filled with domestic, import and craft brews, and Bob's Wine Shop, a comprehensive party center for fine wines, table wines, and spirits.
- A Seafood Cooked Free program. Purchase a fresh fillet, and Dierbergs seafood associates will season and cook it for free, while you shop.
- Dry Aged Beef: The store will offer premium steak cuts of dry-aged beef, in addition to its all-natural line of USDA Choice, Midwest-raised Angus beef, and selections of USDA Prime cuts.
Page 2 of 2 - · All Natural Premium Pork and All Natural Perdue Chicken.
- Dierbergs Florist & Gifts, ranked the No. 1 FTD florist in Missouri (and ranked in the top ten of 20,000 FTD florists nationwide). The florist is accessible from within the supermarket and from a separate, outside entrance.
Dine in or Carryout:
- The Midwest's largest selection of fresh-prepared foods including signature Items such as:
- Chunky Chicken Salad with Pecans and Grapes
- House-made pastas
- And gooey butter cakes
- Bob's BBQ: Dierbergs Lakeview Pointe store will offer year-round apple- and cherry-wood smoked barbecue, smoked fresh daily in a smoker on the lot.
· An expansive salad bar and olive and antipasti bar.
- Bento Sushi Bar: Family-owned Bento Sushi, Dierbergs' company-wide Sushi Chefs, will prepare fresh sushi daily.
- Paninis and Pizzettas: Freshly baked in Dierbergs' Turbo Chef oven for preparation in 3 – 5 minutes.
- JJ Twig's Pizza will occupy a store front space, as well as space on the store's terrace level.
- Hand-Tossed Salads and Baked Subs round out an ever-expanding kitchen menu.
· All You Can Eat Pancake Party and Breakfast Bar: Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Dierbergs Florist and Gifts, Missouri's number one FTD florist, and ranked in the top ten in the nation.
The Lakeview Pointe store director is Jeff Gloss, a 28-year veteran of Dierbergs Markets .
Dierbergs Markets traces its roots to a country store founded in 1854 on Olive Boulevard in Creve Coeur, Mo. Four generations have managed the company, which had only one location until 1967. Today, Dierbergs employs more than 4,000 Associates in 25 locations.
Executives of the privately held, family-owned business are Bob Dierberg, chairman, and his children Greg Dierberg, president and chief executive officer, and Laura Dierberg Padousis, vice president and secretary.