|
The Lake News Online
  • Ozark Opry fire accidental, electrical in nature

  • The blaze that severely damaged Lee Mace's Ozark Opry was electrical in nature and has been determined to be unintentional.
    • email print
  • »  RELATED CONTENT
  • The blaze that severely damaged Lee Mace's Ozark Opry was electrical in nature and has been determined to be unintentional.
    The fire originated in the front of the building in a small storage area above the ticket counter. Investigators from the Osage Beach Fire Protection District have determined the fire to be unintentional and caused by an extension cord that plugged into a CD recording device used to record the shows.
    The Osage Beach Fire Protection District was called to Ozark Opry on Osage Beach Parkway about 11:21 a.m. Sunday the.
    First arriving units found heavy flames coming from the front side of the structure in the area of the roof and heavy grey smoke coming from the rear of the building. Initial attack was made on the front side while crews cut ventilation holes in the roof to release heat and locate the fire. Heavy fire damage was sustained to the front section of the structure and heavy smoke and water damage was sustained to the remainder of the structure. Osage Beach was assisted by Lake Ozark, Mid County, Camdenton City and Eldon Fire Departments in addition to Osage Beach Police and Ambulance. One minor injury was sustained by a fireman and no injuries to the public.
    Units cleared the fire scene at 4:32 pm
        • »  EVENTS CALENDAR