Any question of whether the Lady Lakers soccer team would be rusty after nine days of being off of the field were cast aside on Wednesday night as the Camdenton girls hosted Marshfield at home, where they sent the Blue Jays packing with a 10-0 shut-out.

Coach J.D. Hunter has been skeptical of nearly every game this season, as the weather has threatened the chances of playing nearly every time.

"Anymore, I don't think a game is going to happen until it actually happens, because we have had some bad luck with the weather," Coach Hunter said

In fact, weather canceled this game on Tuesday night, but thankfully, the two teams were able to reschedule to play the next night, allowing them to finally get back in action.

"One day, we got out for an hour, but the snow got too bad and covered the field. One day, we literally just spent an hour shoveling off the field and called it a day. That's why we were nervous, because we hadn't been able to get touches on the ball. We just kept trying to keep morale up."

The team, anxious to take the field once again, came out strong, working the ball downfield quickly where sophomore Faith Scheidemantle slipped the ball past the Marshfield goalkeeper to take a 1-0 lead after just 49 seconds of play.

The Lady Lakers' offensive prowess would prove to be too much, as they threatened the goal another three times before Miriam Taylor would take on the keeper one-on-one to add another goal after three minutes of play.

The offensive onslaught continued for the remainder of the half, with Whitney Snow slinging a shot in from the left side of the goal after seven minutes of play, followed by Scheidemantle's second goal of the night to take a 4-0 lead.

Marshfield's woes continued, as they struggled to find a way to score, as they could barely keep the ball off of their side of the field. The Lakers' offense was playing at such a high level that the Blue Jays struggled to contain it. Scoring was out of the question.

Kayla Kuse would strike next, giving the Camdenton a 5-0 lead after twenty minutes. Morgan Henry would nail a long one in, sailing past the goalkeeper's hands for a 6-0 lead.

With 18:01 left in the first half, and a 6-0 lead, Miriam Taylor would rush the goal, faking out the goalkeeper for her second of the night. She promptly followed that up with another score two minutes later, rebounding her own shot and sending it back in the net.

Kailey Lembke would sink the final goal in the first half, as younger players filtered in to the Lakers' squad on the field with ten minutes left, and the team finished the first half with a 9-0 lead.

Senior Megan Weber took the ball to start the second half and blazed her way down the field, sinking in a shot to give the Lady Lakers their tenth and final goal of the game, ending the game.

"We worked yesterday, for quite awhile, on a different attacking pattern we're wanting to do, so it was good for us to get out there and try it," Coach Hunter said. "It's all predicated on where the ball is, and then once we get it, we have a couple different things we can do with it, and it helped us tonight."

Marshfield's goalie had a rough time defending the Lady Lakers' shots, as their offense simply overpowered the defense, but she still managed four saves in the game.

"I was glad to see us come out and find the back of the net. It's been eight days since we played, and we were kind of nervous about getting it in. We talked about there being two ways to come out, either rusty or fired up. It worked out for us. We were excited to play at home, and it's good to be back on the grass. It was fun."

The Lady Lakers' next match will be on Tuesday, April 2, at Hillcrest, before returning home on Thursday, April 4 to take on Nixa.