The Camdenton Lady Lakers, coming off of a 1-0 loss to Hickman on Saturday, hosted the Springfield Catholic Fighting Irish on Tuesday night, a team the Lakers have never beaten before.

Despite snow coming down earlier in the afternoon, the two teams took the field in what would become a battle between two high-powered offenses, but after a 3-2 lead at the half, Camdenton dominated the second half to send Catholic packing after a 6-2 loss to the Lady Lakers.

"We were really pleased. We've never beaten Catholic -ever- and they're one of the best programs in the southwest area," Coach J.D. Hunter said after the win. "Both teams started out so offensive-minded. It was a great win for our program, and we did it as a team. I just couldn't be more proud of the team."

Displaying fancy footwork and excellent passing, it looked as if the two evenly matched teams might not be able to score on one another, but after just two minutes of play, the Lady Lakers found their way deep into enemy territory, where Miriam Taylor found Danica Brewer by the net. Brewer quickly took advantage and sneaked the ball past the goalie to take a 1-0 lead.

Springfield Catholic answered quickly, with Allie Banasik exploiting a hole in the Camdenton defense thirty seconds later to score their first goal of the game and tie it up at 1-1.

Camdenton wasn't done yet, as Miriam Taylor once again worked her way in to find the net for a 2-1 lead.

From then on, Camdenton kept pressure on the goal, but failed to put a shot in, with a shot from Taylor being saved by Springfield's Mary Wichmer and a shot from Faith Scheidemantle sailing over the net.

With 5:53 left in the first half, Springfield's Sydney Miller found the net as the Fighting Irish surrounded the goal, overpowering the defense of the Lady Lakers to tie things up at two points apiece.

The Lady Lakers' threatened the opponent's goal once again, and on an inbound kick towards the net, it looked as if they would get their chance, but the goalie reached out to snatch the ball and kick it to safety.

With just over a minute left, Whitney Snow would use her head to send the inbound kick soaring into the goal to take a 3-2 lead before the half.

After leading 3-2 at the end of the first half, the Lady Lakers scored three unanswered goals, in the second half, the first coming from Snow, and the other two coming from Miriam Taylor, as the Lakers offensive onslaught proved to be too much for the visitors, with Camdenton dominating the field for the remainder of the game to win their first ever victory over the Fighting Irish in a 6-2 win.

Senior Miriam Taylor finished the game with three goals, junior Whitney Snow had two, and Danica Brewer rounded it out with one goal for a 6-2 win.

The Lady Lakers are now 2-1 on the season, and now prepare to face off against the Osage Lady Indians in a Friday night showdown of lake area soccer. The game begins at 5 p.m. at Osage's Athletic Field.