A little over a month until the spring election, and election deadlines are fast approaching.
For those eligible who are not registered, the deadline to register to vote in the April 2, 2013 election is March 6.
Registered voters who cannot make it to the polls April 2 may request an absentee ballot, which are now available at area county clerk offices.
Voters may request absentee ballots from their local election authority in person or by fax. Voters requesting an absentee ballot by mail who have registered by mail and have not voted in person are required to submit a copy of their personal identification unless they provided a copy with their registration application.
Examples of acceptable identification are:
1. Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state;
2. Identification issued by the United States government or agency thereof;
3. Identification issued by an institution of higher education, including a university, college, vocational and technical school, located within the state of Missouri;
4. A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter;
5. Driver’s license or state identification card issued by another state; or
6. Other identification approved by the secretary of state under rules promulgated pursuant to subsection 3 of this section other identification approved by federal law.
Mail in or faxed absentee ballot requests must be received by county clerks no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 27.
Voters may also cast their ballot at the county clerk's office until 5 p.m. the night before the election.
Contact your county clerk for more information.
Local election authorities
100 E. Newton
Versailles, MO 65084
Phone: (573) 378-5436 Ext. 132
Fax: (573) 378-5991
#1 Court Circle, Ste. 2
Camdenton, MO 65020
Phone: (573) 346-4440, X 1220
Fax: (573) 346-8445
2001 Hwy 52
Tuscumbia, MO 65082
Phone: (573) 369-1910
Fax: (573) 369-1905