A forum for municipal candidates has been scheduled for March 7 at the Hunter Civic Center in Versailles. The candidates participating in the forum will be up for positions with the City of Versailles in the April 2, 2013 election. Please take a few moments to think of some questions for the candidates, and submit for possible use in the forum.
A candidate forum has been scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday, March 7 at the Hunter Civic Center in Versailles. The candidates participating in the forum will be up for positions with the City of Versailles in the April 2, 2013 election.
The format of the forum will include asking each candidate three open-ended questions, which would require more than a "yes" or "no" answer, so voters can make better decisions based on the candidates' answers.
Please take a few moments to think of some questions for the candidates. Your questions can then be faxed to the Versailles Area Chamber of Commerce office at 573-378-2499 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have questions to them by Friday, March 1. A committee made up of the Chamber board members will select the best questions for the candidates and have them ready on March 7.
Please plan on attending. Refreshments will be served.
If you have questions, call the Versailles Area Chamber office at 573-378-4401.
Twelve candidates will be featured at the forum:
1. Mayor Terry Silvey - for Mayor
2. Charla Gross-Hook - for Mayor
3. Jane Bolton - for North Ward Alderman
4. Brian Bias - for North Ward Alderman
5. Wende Crowe - for South Ward Alderman
6. Chad Hartman -for City Marshall
7. Jeff Hunter - for City Marshall
8. Ronnie Witt - for City Marshall
9. Anthony Brown - for City Marshall
10. Chuck Pryor - for South Ward Alderman
11. Wende Crowe - for South Ward Alderman
12. Rick Bias - for South Ward Alderman