Brayden Anderson,8, and his 13-year-old sister, Alexandra, of Ashland, Mo. both died at the lake on July 4 while swimming around a dock at the 6.5 mile marker of the Gravois Arm.
The cause of death of eight-year-old Brayden Anderson of Ashland, Mo. was "inadequate delivery of oxygen to the brain due to insufficient oxygen in the blood induced by obstruction of the mouth and nose by water complicated by passage of electrical current through the body," according to the preliminary autopsy report from Morgan County Coroner Dr. M.B. Jones.
Brayden Anderson and his 13-year-old sister, Alexandra, both died at the lake on July 4 while swimming around a dock at the 6.5 mile marker of the Gravois Arm.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, "A preliminary investigation indicated an improperly grounded electrical circuit to the dock, which was not ground-fault protected, was a contributing factor in the (children’s) deaths.”
There have been several other incidences around the lake where people have been electrocuted or were shocked but not killed.
On Saturday, July 7, Jennifer L. Lankford, 26, of Hazelwood, Mo. appears to have died under similar circumstances while swimming near Dry Branch Cove at the 4 mile marker of the Lake. An autopsy is planned today.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office urges owners to have their docks checked for any electrical problems. A meeting of local emergency service officials and Ameren Missouri is planned to formulate a safety check guideline that can be used to educate the public about the dangers of electrical shock in the water around docks.