No injuries reported as room fire forces evacuation of Inn at the Grand Glaize


Guests and employees at the Inn at Grand Glaize were evacuated while firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on Wednesday afternoon.

Osage Beach Fire Protection District received a report of a possible structure fire around 1:30 pm.

Units responding reported smoke showing from the hotel as they entered the building. Hotel personnel were clearing people from the building when firefighters arrived.

The fire was discovered in a room on the  second floor. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 15 minutes and keep it from spreading to adjoining rooms and the hall. 

Approximately 22 personnel with seven pieces of apparatus responded to the incident. Osage Beach Fire Protection District units were assisted by Lake Ozark Fire Protection District, Mid-County Fire Protection District, Osage Beach Police and Osage Beach Ambulance.

The cause of the fire was a wall heater in the room. The fire spread to the walls, table, chairs and bed in the room. Firefighting efforts were hampered due to the fire sprinklers being shut off and drained for future work.

Once firefighters provided water to the sprinklers and standpipes, the fire was controlled within a few minutes.

The room where the fire originated suffered heavy fire, smoke and water  damage.

The adjoining rooms on the same floor and floor below the fire suffered water damage.

Damage is listed at $25,000. There were no injuries.

To contact the Lake Sun newsroom, e-mail newsroom@lakesunonline.com.